Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mokgumi gane & older work





The learning curve just keeps swooping upwards and I'm madly following...clay packed under my fingernails and studio wall-to-wall slabs of clay and bits. I'm crazy about Mokgumi gane technique and experimenting. A show I've applied for has asked if I could do vessels as well as jewelry, as they are top-heavy with jewelry applications. My mouth (which is disconnected from my common sense) immediately said "yes!" And so, this long weekend, I began.

The pictures are of work in progress, two vessels completed and the tulip and fire bottle are work from a previous lifetime (back when I worked with polymer clay 10 + years ago.)

2 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

wow...I love the pendants and the vessels are beautiful!

herhimnbryn said...

Such colours and detail.