Saturday, January 08, 2005

Talisman necklace

I started this morning...staring at the four ammonite fossils I'd bought some weeks ago. I had no idea what I was going to make and just attached one of the stones to backing and began embroidering. When I finished the pendent, I started to sift through my cabinet drawers and found a whack of nearly-forgotten Picasso Jasper beads and voila! The pendent is a whopper - about two and a half inches long and nearly that wide. Size 6, 10,11 & 15 seed beads, fossil stone,
sterling silver hook. PS - I have these labeled as "Picasso" jasper. Is that correct?

8 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I love this pendant you created. So very earthy... I need to get one of those fossils=:)

beadbabe49 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beadbabe49 said...

Just lovely...and isn't it great when you already have the beads in your stash for the necklace and don't have to buy them!
(my friend cheri calls that shopping at the home store, and it makes me feel rich..)

LJ said...

Thanks LB & BB. I just bought 10 more...and could have been at the store all day. So many shades of stone, so many differences in the fossils themselves. My boss asked me to make her a pendent this morning and I think I'll do a few up to sell, maybe with just the pendent - let people supply their own chains.
And yeah, BB - It's nice to home shop and find the beads you've been hording for a zillion years actually have a USE>

herhimnbryn said...

Oh lj, gorgeous! Just the sort of adornment that Queen Boudica would have worn!

LJ said...

Thanks, H! I'm wearing it to death! I have 13 more of these stones and I'm going to do more of these. The stones are SO incredible!

nordwolke said...

What a special Cab! And neatly beaded! :)

LJ said...

BEx-I have 14 of these stones. No, I have 13. My boss is wearing hers now. Just did my third today - and all the stones are SO unique. Today's was brown, deep gold, grey and a kind of coral color. They are amazing fossils.