Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And furthermore...."lichen beads" and "Copper"




Second photo: "Lichen"
Polymer clay, hand-inked, with metallic gold leaf, wrapped in transparent clay, sanded with three grades of wet sandpaper and machine buffed with my new Dremel. The largest bead is one and half inches long and its' two friends are an inch and an eighth long. Photo taken in natural light. About 3 hours working time.

Top photo: "Copper"
3 Cabochons, no holes drilled.
Polymer clay, ink, copper leaf.
9:30 p.m. and it is time to quit!

5 comments:

Summer said...

Lovely! I can see either set in a cascading necklace that evokes the idea of a waterfall, with the seed beads flowing around these beauties:)

LJ said...

Ah. The best compliment in the world...a BEADER could use them! That, of course, is what I have in mind. I make the focals...and for a while, someone else does the hours and hours of beadwork! Thanks Summer.

Unknown said...

I have awarded you with fabulousness!

herhimnbryn said...

Gorgeous and you have a dremel. I bought one last year and still haven't mastered the thing!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful beads! I can sure see the time you put into them... it really shows!